Wednesday, December 30, 2020

A Moment To Reflect- 2020 Memories

For most of us 2020 has been challenging and we have come through personal sacrifice, tragedy and created boundaries around our self. For sure, 2020 taught us a lesson…

FOR ME…

I stood on the right side of the history- Socially, Humanely & Ideologically…. I did not give in to falsehood and didn’t follow the crowd… I knew, I have a strong voice and I have used it to serve the weaker ones… I stood with them… I stood next to them… And I found many of you, doing the same…That was an inspiration….and many of you kept appreciating me and that kept me going…. I have learnt to be humble, wherever and whatever it is, irrespective of who stands against me at that moment… I had a debate with many of you, with my family, with my friends- on corona, on volunteering and what not…. but I kept doing what was necessary for the society at that moment… I learnt to be social… I took some of the impulsive decision, but I was always true to my heart and soul. I was true to community and learnt to be a better man in 2020.

 

Eight moments from 2020, I will remember for entire life:

1.     Volunteering: This I would consider as one of the finest experiences of my life, I got opportunity to serve the community and society for 7 months during demanding period “Pandemic”. Thanks to Government of Karnataka, Department of information & Public Relations, Indian Red Cross, Karnataka State Labor Institute & BBMP for the opportunity. I met 100+ selfless volunteers, and proud to say few of them are now good friends.

2.   #LetsMaskIndia- This was an initiative by “Miles To Trek” to distribute free masks from Karnataka to Kashmir (to whatever extent it is possible), we have reached out to several states of India and distributed masks, enlighten awareness about Covid crisis in un-privileged villages. Thanks to all the volunteers, friends, family members and our trekkers who donated for the cause.

3.    Career- whatever I do in my life, it is always backed by my passion to become corporate classy. I am always thankful to my company and fulltime job that gives me bread and butter. I have moved or promoted to new role recently which keeps me going and learn more about project management.

4.   Travelling- Most of us like travelling, same goes with me- but 2020 was not a year for travel- I was able to travel to Uttarakhand, New Delhi, Kedar Nath and few places in Bihar and Karnataka.

5.    Fitness- Less outdoors and Most of us gained weight. I tried sticking to the basics and adopted a culture of workout from home to maintain flat tummy. Lead some of the workout events for few corporate companies and conducted morning fitness sessions @Agara lake, Bangalore (limited to ppl I know, *for friends*).

6.    Trained young brains- I was fortunate enough to train/coach 8 young kids almost for 3 months. The idea was to make them understand about the process and kindness rather than giving priority to any sports. The process is getting up early morning and doing what you can do in best possible way, if you want to see a big day in your life, you must believe in the everyday process.

7.    They say, “Love can happen at any age but go for romance when you are young”- I don’t like maintaining my status to Single or complicated, hence kept it SECRET. Dated one and travelled with her.

8.    Served as a President for vanguard toastmasters club, the 6 months experience has been of a roller coaster but helped me to emerge as a better leader. Thanks to all the VTM club members for being an amazing toastmaster.

Thanks to all of you for being a part of my life either directly or remotely, this year…Thanks 2020. Thanks Corona. Welcome, 2021.

Keep reading, Keep inspiring and keep moving 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Moment To Reflect- 2020 Memories

For most of us 2020 has been challenging and we have come through personal sacrifice, tragedy and created boundaries around our self. For su...